Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Who Doesn't Want to Know What It's Like to Grow Up in Hollywood? Cutie Actress, Bella Thorne, Fills Us in!

You probably remember Bella Thorne from Big Love as Bill's daughter, but she also played a young Taylor Townsend on The O.C., which means she was in the presence of heartthrobs like Seth Cohen and Ryan Atwood when she was just 10 years old (um, jealous!). The teenage star of Disney's Shake It Up! shared what it's been like to grow up among the stars.

0816-bella-thorne_ob.jpg


Glamour: What's been the coolest thing you've gotten to do with your friends and family since making it big in Hollywood?
Bella Thorne: I think my guided tours through Disneyland and Disney World was pretty special. I grew up going to Disney World and waited in lines for hours for the rides. The fact that now I'm able to get a personal guide through the park and skip the lines is a dream come true! I always go with my family to Disney so I'd have to say, it's pretty special to them, as well.
Glamour: Do you get noticed while walking around now? What's that like?
Bella Thorne: I get noticed all the time. It's really cool to hear what fans think of the show or when they share their personal experiences with dyslexia, which I get a lot. I'm always so happy to meet new people and I also love when the younger fans give me big hugs... they'e so genuine.
Glamour: Is there an actor who you'd love to work with?
Bella Thorne: I've met many celebrities, and it's pretty cool that their kids are fans of the show. I'd love to work with Tom Cruise, Emma Watson, and Natalie Portman.
Glamour: Do you hang out with other actors or childhood friends?
Bella Thorne: Besides my co-star Zendaya, I don't hang out with other actors that much... I prefer to hang out with kids that I know who are in high school and just do stuff outside the business. We do lots of outdoor activities and also some of the charity work that I'm involved with. It's nice to know that they are conscientious of the world around them and want to make a difference in their community. We share those same goals.
Glamour: What do you do in your spare time?
Bella Thorne: In my spare time, I like to get away from the Hollywood scene. I'm involved with The Nomad Organization, the Humane Society, the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, and am a Youth Ambassador for StompOutBullying.org, and I also like to spend my time with friends and go to their sports events. Or just do teen stuff like going to the mall, movies, bowling, and get my nails done. I'd have to say though, I'm really into sporting events, so that's probably what I like to do the most.
Glamour: It's a few years away, but is attending your high school prom important to you?
Bella Thorne: Absolutely! One of my best experiences was going to my friend's winter formal. I had the best time, and I really want to have that prom experience. I love doing school activities because it reminds me that I'm still me. I'm a regular girl just like everyone else.
Glamour: Where do you see yourself in five years? 10 years?
Bella Thorne: In five years, I see myself at USC and getting the opportunity to experience college life. I'm not sure yet what I'll study... I have several things that I'm interested in. In 10 years, I think that I'll be performing around the world and hopefully have my own fashion line! I'd also like to believe that I'll have made a big difference in my community and have amazing stories to share with my kids one day.

No comments: