Monday, June 18, 2012

Bella Thorne Opens Up About Father's Day -- JJJ Exclusive Interview

Bella Thorne wears some fun mouse ears as she arrives at the grand opening event for Cars Land held at Disneyland Resort on Wednesday evening (June 13) in Anaheim, Calif.
The day after, the 14-year-old actress (wearing a Maria Lucia Hohan dress and Badgley Mischka shoes) joined older sister Dani at the 2012 Young Hollywood Awards presented by Bing held at Hollywood Athletic Club in Hollywood.
st after her trip to Miami, JJJ caught up with Bella at a local eatery to chat about the upcoming Father’s Day holiday.
“I actually went to Miami to speak to kids about becoming actors and ended up staying an extra day because it’s getting so close to Father’s Day…and to be down there where I lived with him, I just felt close to him,” she told us.
Bella continued, “I went out with my family and to be there and to remember how it was, it was good to feel close to him.”
(Click inside for more of our Father’s Day interview with Bella…)
JJJ: What places did you visit?
BT
: There’s this one place called the Egyptian Theater and it was my favorite place to go to see movies when I was younger. There were all these huge Egyptian statues and things… now, I love learning about that. That was a special place for my family. We also went to the Emerald Coast, which unfortunately, closed down. I always used to go there with my dad and it was a Chinese Buffet. I was so sad they closed down because I had so many memories there.
JJJ: Losing a parent is such a huge thing for anyone of any age. How did you react?
BT
: When I first found out that my dad passed away, I didn’t know what to think. It was more like ‘Are you joking?’ The next week, he was actually leaving to come and move in with us in Los Angeles. We were all excited because it was all this back and forth business before and one day, there was the call. Then the police showed up at our door to tell us that it was true… for me, I didn’t cry. It was strange. I didn’t really believe it, but a few days after, the tears came. I freaked out and started screaming and crying. It just hit that he’s not going to be there and he’s not going to call anymore.
For anyone going through any kind of loss that big… there’s this saying that goes ‘Don’t hate God for the people he takes away from you, but love Him for the people He gave you.’ You have to love your surroundings. My mom is here and she’s always supported me. I get teary and just thank God every day that she is here.
JJJ: We also saw that you brought your boyfriend Tristan to Miami with you.
BT
: Yes. No one has really got to meet my family before. I made a big decision to bring Tristan (15) with me. He was there on the anniversary of my Dad’s death and he was just there, like a best friend and has been really supportive. He was always about ‘You don’t have to talk about, but I am here’. He was there for me and I took him and got to see where I lived and my life before Hollywood happened.
JJJ: Do you and your family do anything special on Father’s Day?
BT
: My mom, brother and sister usually get a balloon that says ‘I Miss You’ or ‘Happy Father’s Day’ and we write messages on it. We’ll write little notes that we would like to tell my Dad and read them out loud in a circle. We let the balloon go and have a good dinner. We don’t like to make that much of a thing out of it, but it’s all about family time.
Stay tuned for more of Bella‘s interview!
 bella thorne fathers day interview 10


No comments: